Wednesday, October 28, 2009

October 28, 2009 Demolition Update

It is Wednesday. The demolition crew has come and gone. We had rain overnight which made a lot of muck and mud where they have moved earth.
It was about 5pm when I took my last walk of the day over to feed the chickens and put them to bed..(not really, they roost just fine by themselves).

I had been looking at a small sea of mud when I turned around and just looked out accross the woods behind where we will soon be living. It's beautiful, though dark right now. Soon (this weekend?) we will be turning our clocks back and gain an extra hour of daylight.. yay!


I believe this is our water line coming out of the ground. This is the only area that isn't covered over now.

As I walked down from our house, this is the first thing that caught my sight- flat.. filled in.. nothing left. And I had to ponder for a moment- that dumpster holds everything that WAS a 60' trailer.. how did they do that?!







I stood at the door of the chicken coop and took this picture looking up toward our driveway. One dirt mound gone, one to go..




This is all that is left to cover over. It has the electric line trench, septic hookup, and the water line.




I am now looking down from the road side toward the chicken coop. It's amazing how flat it all looks.



I don't know what the bubbles are in this picture.. it's the hole that needs filled yet.

Another odd bubble on the frame of the old trailer. This will be just about where the new one will set.

Electric line trench


Chickens are lovin' it..














2 comments:

Full of Grace said...

Is it wistful for you or relief, or a little bit of both! Talk about serious and quick progress!!!

Jemit said...

It is all sheer delight! We are so very blessed in every way.