Thursday, October 29, 2009

FOTO FRIDAY- MOTION

I'm not sure you can tell this little 'bugger' was moving, but when I walked by my stargazer lily, he swung out at me.. so I took his picture..

"C'mon girls! I got goodies!" and they all came running at me. I wasn't sure I could get the shot, they came at me so fast.

This is one of my favorite pictures. I took it a year ago at Gramma Camp at our house. The scenario is a treasure hunt and someone found a clue and read it.. they all came running!

I think this one shows true motion. As Mandy tossed her baseball sized watermelon into the woods, I snapped the picture.. Look closely- you can see the melon in flight between the two bigger trees on the right side of the picture!

It was a particularly windy and dismal day.. I carry the camera everywhere I go now, and just then a huge gust of wind blew these leaves in front of me. Boy, I couldn't have planned that shot.


More leaves coming off the trees

This is my very favorite- the flag of the United States of America! It is the most enormous flag I've ever seen and flies above the Butler Armco Credit Union. Long may she wave!

I'm not sure I caught 'motion'.. but this is my offering for this week..
Please join us on Foto Friday.. it's easy.. click on Renaissance and get started!! It doesn't take much time at all, and most of all it's a fun way to improve your photography skills !

9 comments:

Tracy said...

I love the flying leaves. I tried to capture them but didn't have success. We were back in Butler this week for a funeral and I was looking for the big flag that flew above the Perkins by Clearview Mall. Then I realized the Perkins isn't even there anymore. Things do change!

Unknown said...

Great photos! I love the dark one with the leaves blowing...cool! I tried to get leaves...hmmm...tried being the operative word...heehee!

Blessings!
Amy

Bonnie said...

I love the leaves and the flag, and the kids coming running is so cute- they all look so excited!

Full of Grace said...

Sorry to say, but I'm going to be repeating everyone else on this one- I LOVED the dark photo of the leaves flying- it was Awesome :)

Peggy said...

I love the chickens, flying leaves,and the flag flying! I love to look on with pride every time I see our red, white, and blue fluttering in the wind!!

Paula said...

GREAT GREAT shots, but my FAVORITE is the first one of the leaves blowing. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!

Rebecca said...

that first leaf one you posted in amazing.

I LOVED it. It perfectly reflects distance relationship. Great job!

(Personally, I also really liked the first one because I have seen little creatures doing just that and every time I do I am amazed at their "abs". They are strong little buggars!!)

Christy said...

the picture of the kids running is great...:) you really catch the sense that they are moving! and the leaves too...i thought it was hard too - glad i'm not the only one...;-) good work!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

The flying leaves are great. I always love to see the flag waving in the wind. On base, we have several different flags. The Sunday/holiday flag is HUGE!