Thursday, October 22, 2009

Foto Friday Berries

This week's Foto Friday is "Berries".. Now, before you think I've lost my mind with a bucket of fresh eggs.. I just want to let you know that my dear father in law used to refer to these as Cackleberries.. and never eggs.
So as I have Chicken Duty until my brother returns from his vacation, I have access to all the cackleberries we can collect each day.


One of the wonderful things about everbearing red raspberries is that they go on and on into the fall putting out huge berries that are sweet, juicy, and delicious..

My burning bush has finally started to turn red, but not before these beautiful berries appeared. The bush is loaded with them.


7 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm amazed that you still have raspberries! By the way, I grew up in Butler County, PA!

Wendy said...

CACKLEBERRIES HUH? HA HA. I LIKE YOUR BURNING BUSH TOO...AND THE RED RASPBERRIES MAKES ME HUNGRY!!

hillary@dark :: light said...

HAHA, I learned something new today! Cackleberries--because they make me cackle at the thought? ;-)

Bonnie said...

The cackleberries made me chuckle, and after all these pictures of them, I think I need to get a burning bush!

Paula said...

I happen to really like the picture of eggs. :D makes me just a bit envious as I would love to have farm fresh eggs!

Rebecca said...

I have NEVER heard of cackleberries before but that CRACKS ME UP! Having chickens myself, I love that phrase!

I wish we still had rasberries. Trying not to be jealous! :-(

Full of Grace said...

I never heard of cackleberries and the funny thing is, there was someone else who posted about them too! You learn something new everyday AND that was really creative too! Great Job :)