Thursday, October 08, 2009

FOTO FRIDAY "WATER"

Dew

All week long I carried my camera wherever I went muttering "water...hmmm" under my breath. I looked up at the sky one bright sunny morning and then down at my feet where I noticed the grass still had beads of dew.. so here it is

And when I got into my car, there it was again..
more dew on the windshield


I had to dig back a few years to when my daughters
Amanda and Wendy were little girlies.. This was
taken outside our home after a very heavy rain.

I thought this was rather appropriate- taken after the
horrific flooding in Conklin NY a few years back.


Eli could not resist watermelon

Home grown watermelon is always the best!

I am so enjoying Foto Friday.. and hopefully my photographic skills will improve as we go along.. We need more people entering their pictures.. it's easy.. take your own pictures, post to your own blog, then go to
http//zeahrenaissance.blogspot.com/
and click on her link. Then click on everyone elses pictures too! I think that is as much fun as entering our own photos.
So what's keeping you from joining us on Fridays?



6 comments:

Wendy said...

I had the watermelon idea too...but never got time to do it...I like the photo of me and manda...nothing like sitting in a puddle...ha ha. The dew is really pretty too:)

Unknown said...

NEAT! I really like your "thinking-outta the box" with the clean water sign and watermelon...cool!

Great job!
Amy

Bonnie said...

The Clean Water sign was great! I was looking to do something like that, but never came across anything.

alane said...

What fun pictures! I think my favorite is the dew on grass, so crisp and delicate.

Rebecca said...

I know your supposed to challenge yourself this week but I have to say my FAVORITE is the one of your girls as little girls. I don't know why. Maybe because I KNOW one of them. Or maybe it is because that is just so classicly "CHILD". Kids don't see germies or grossness in mud-puddles, they just see fun. I love that.

I liked the water sign too---that was such a different idea!

Full of Grace said...

I loved the dew on the grass...Not only the pic, but the memories of being small and not being able to wait to get outside but drenching my feet within minutes of arrival :)

Thanks for the pic and the memories! :)