Thursday, October 15, 2009

Chicken Duty again


Charlie left this morning for Michigan and our brother Bill's home. He's going to visit there while the new trailer is placed in the next couple weeks. We haven't heard whether he arrived or not.. but are not worried at the moment. Hopefully Bill will call tomorrow to let us know all is well.
I have 'chicken duty' in his absence. I'd be a lot better at it if I wasn't allergic to the dust and mold and fungus that abound in the coop. Tonite I'm very stuffed up. I collected ten eggs. This past week the flock was divided and a friend of Paul's took half. Hopefully Paul will take the remaining chickens and if Charlie wants to raise them again, we can start next spring.
Still having some orthopedic problems.. keep praying. I have office in the morning and need to be solid on my feet and not floundering as I have been the last couple days. I may remove a chair from our infusion room to make more space so that I can use my stool on wheels to go between patients.
Tomorrow will not be a difficult day with only three patients scheduled and I'm not sure about one of them.. she may not come. I see on the schedule on Tuesday that there are ten and little time for a break. It will be a difficult day for me and I'll need a lot of prayer support for myself physically.
Well, it's about time for me to begin complaining about the weather..for another winter season. It's in the low 30s tonite and the high tomorrow is to be about two degrees warmer. UGH. Also, rain is in the forecast along with snow.... yes, I said SNOW ..AACCKKKK!!!!!!!! I pray it isn't so. Actually it's a chance of snow, but I don't like it anyway. Snow brings driving problems and ice .. aaackkkkk again.
Oh.. to be TOTALLY retired. Snow in October is not particularly uncommon, especially since November is right around the corner.. I can remember as a child going out on Trick or Treat night in the snow.. not MUCH snow, but snow nonetheless. It would be unusual to have six or eight inches of the nasty white stuff at this point in October. So much for global warming. I don't believe any of that garbage. Anyone with half a brain wouldn't accept that as gospel.
So tomorrow I shall be praying that the weatherman just needs a new dartboard, eh?
I really must get back to bed.. it's nearly 1:30 am.. and I have to be on my feet in a few hours.

No comments: