Tuesday, October 27, 2009

October 27,2009 demolition

HUGE groundhog hole..no, wait.. not really. This is just one of about 12 or 14 holes being dug to hold concrete which will be the pillars upon which our new trailer will set.

I was talking to Wendy on the phone outside yesterday when there was a huge crash and the one guy was yelling to the other to get out. The 'box' frame had collapsed. I asked if they were okay.. there they were.. 2 guys leaning against the floorboards.. "yeah.. we're okay. It just came down a little faster than we anticipated.".. and then they continued working. They were both in the part left standing when it came down. God is good.

This is the floor of the trailer as it rests on the concrete wall .. The walls were weak, but the base was strong.






The chickens were having a field day. They don't know what to make of all the newly dug dirt.. I saw feathers in one of the holes.. I assume someone was a bit too curious and got inside? It could have been blown there by the gentle wind of yesterday..
The crew is here already. I can hear the hammers and bumping/crashing of studding that was the frame for the trailer. I noted the studs were very small.. maybe 2x3? really small. I believe our new one has 2x6 studding throughout... much better.




No comments: