Monday, January 04, 2010

Birthdays and winter

It's January 4th and that means that Annabelle is now officially 3 years old.. Happy Birthday girly!!!

It was really a cold night outside last night, but though the thermostat was set at 60* here, we were more than toasty. I was up 2-3 times last night just because the bedroom gets much warmer than anywhere else in this house. Don't know why .. maybe because it has 2 registers in the floor? or maybe the oxygen concentrator has something to do with it?
The Z's brought my printer over last night and informed me that we had some huge drifts out in our driveway.. I figured with the wind blowing so hard , it was inevitable that we'd get drifted in. I have been out to look today and figure we can make it halfway up the driveway before we have to get off onto the bank and out to the road. The drift at the halfway point is about 18".. far too deep for our little Honda to plow through. :(

Wendell's oxygen tank on the back deck is low- about 20% left. He has a doctor appointment with the pulmonologist tomorrow- not sure if he'll be able to keep it. I have office tomorrow- I wonder if I'll be able to get out at all? As far as food and provisions, as long as we don't lose electric, we are fine. We have enough to last us a month at least. Hope we aren't stranded that long!
I think when we get out, we may park at the end of the driveway or over at the Z's.
Pray for help from neighbors.. they are so faithful to give a hand.

I think I need some brunch..

No comments: