Saturday, January 09, 2010

weather and stuff..

The snow has ceased for the moment. I had some bags of boxes / papers to take out front till they can be burned, but the snow was up over the front door on the deck. I thought I could sweep it off, but no, it was much too deep.. so I walked out around the house to the front with the snow shovel.. in many places, it is up to my knees.. I shoveled off the snow from the deck.. my best estimation is at least 18" if not more. I got inside and removed the bags/boxes to the outside.. gotta get those burned.
Hoping we will be plowed out today.. the sun is shining and the sky was blue about an hour ago.. it's wonderful!!!!
Master bath is clean as a whistle, though I still have boxes to be unpacked. The master bedroom.. ditto, but the bed is made and it looks more like organized chaos. Kitchen floor is swept, dishes washed and everything put in it's various places. Now to tackle the office and clean up the mess I made yesterday in the living room- boxes of stuff needing unpacked but not sure where. I may stack them for a while in the office till I find some book shelves. Many boxes are family history.. in fact, most are.
I need to get the Imm family newsletter going and if I complete my plans for the day, I will get to that and more.
It's a good day.
Hoping to have a dinner at Gramma's tomorrow, and hoping even more that we will be able to get to church this week.. I'm sure they will have the guest book out and waiting for us.. :(
If not , we still have another sermon tape we can listen to with breakfast.

Wendell's blood sugars have been in the normal range for a week now.. Happy day! The doctor changed his insulin to 3x day and this has helped a lot. We are working on eating healthy meals and moderate servings. I have been making us dessert each evening- chocolate pudding pie and apple pie.. all sugar free. I was concerned about last night's treat of apple pie with a scoop of ice cream, but his glucose this morning was 79.. well within normal. We must be doing something right.

I will see my doctor Monday if we get plowed out of here.. I'm going to ask him about all the pain I've had in the last month- enough for 'big gun' pain killers twice a day. It's not from moving, as I never lifted a box.. and when I did, it was less than 3#.. I just don't lift heavy stuff.. and yet, I am so very sore most of the time. Okay.. enough whining.. gotta get busy here.
Hoping to get our guest room together by the end of this week.. am working on it daily.

No comments: