Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I am awake at 1am

Well, true to my diagnosis, I have slept 5 hours and am now awake. Something is different this early silent hour of the morning. I woke up and turned over by myself with little pain. I sense someone has been praying over me. It's a most wonderful feeling. I got out of bed since I was feeling wide awake, and took hold of my trusty quad cane waiting for me right there at the side of the bed, and made my way to the bathroom without a lot of difficulty- at least not like I have been experiencing. I feel balanced. When I realized I was not having the usual pain in my legs and back, I left the cane behind and walked the length of the trailer.
Wendell is sleeping. I know he'd be thrilled to know I am finally NOT hurting, but I won't waken him to tell him- it would be kinder to let him sleep. Instead, I'm blogging my story.
It may have been the massage of my shoulders and upper back that led to this, I don't know. I had him work on this area. I didn't know a body had so many 'pressure points' that could scream pain in such a small location, but he massaged each one and my neck too. I couldn't count the points, but I'm certain there were at least 16 or more.
I approached my rheumatology employer yesterday about the FM, and he has given me a long list of labs to be done before he will treat me. There is a drug out there that is used to treat FM- Lyrica. I checked my insurance formulary and it does cover it.
It's a brisk clear night tonite- 21* and really not any wind. Very cold outside, very cozy inside. We don't change the thermostat much, but hold it under 70*. The driveway is open for now, and the weather prognosticator says we shall have spring like weather on Thursday- 40* ! Wow! I feel like we haven't seen that kind of weather in a while.

I see that foto friday at Renaissance is back in swing. I may not get my 2 cents in this week, perhaps next week. I haven't taken many pictures since we made the big move Dec 21st. I just haven't had much time for anything but putting our house together the way we want it. It still has a way to go, but we are getting closer. I look forward to joining back in with the photography. This week's topic is ''snow''. We certainly have our share of that. I did notice that the individual snowflakes are so awesome.. not an act of randomness in them at all, but perfect geometric shapes.. I note also that some of the snow is heavy and grainy while other snow is light and fluffy.. we had that last night. It's drier and you can blow it away easily.. but it also piles up much faster than the grainy stuff.
We had major snow drifts these past 2 weeks and were snowbound for a while.. wish I'd taken some pictures of that. And then the strange footprints in the newly fallen snow would have been good too. I've pretty well agreed it was likely a large turkey passing through. Our front deck had so much snow that we couldn't get the door opened. I trudged out through the back where it came up to my knees or more with a shovel and made a path to open the door. Many good shots missed I'm afraid.

I really should head back to bed..

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

just wanted to let you know I've been missing you on Fridays! :-)

Jemit said...

I'll be back..!!! :)