Friday, January 29, 2010

winter

Weather is probably the biggest thing on our minds today.. well, on MY mind anyway. It's cold out there- 3* in Butler, and likely less here as has always been the case. I need a thermometer for the hen house to keep track. At any rate, our car is again covered with about 2" of snow since I cleared it yesterday, and frosted. UGH. I haven't looked at the driveway yet to see if we are indeed snowbound.

Foto Friday will be on hold for me today. Learning was the topic and I just didn't have any imagination at all. I will hop on over to Renaissance later to see what ideas others had.

Tonite is the annual Congregational meeting and pot- providence dinner. I'm trying to decide if we will make it or not. It'll depend on how well Wendell and I feel this afternoon. In the meantime, we will plan to attend whether or not. I'll put some goodies in the crockpot.

Yesterday was Charlie's birthday.. happy belated on the blog! I did call him and talk to him yesterday even so.. and he's stopping by this morning for his gift.. I didn't forget.

Achy here this morning- fingers are stiff and sore. Yesterday I slept till 5am and went back to bed at 9am and slept till noon. I never did feel really alert all day. I cut back the sleep med last night and feel somewhat better this morning. I was up at 5am, but I'm not feeling 'snowed' like I did yesterday.
Keeping up with hi pro/low carb diet.. not as energetic as the 2nd day, and I am sore. I dont' think it's nearly as bad as last week. So many muscles in spasm at the same time that my hip felt out of joint- and that wouldn't surprise me a bit with my SI problem. It's not fun growing old.. and I'm the first one to admit I'm not doing it gracefully. How did my mother ever handle this? She never complained about her aches and pains.. or maybe I don't remember?
Time for a shower and dressed..

2 comments:

Jane said...

Mum never complained of aches and pains. She always said that she was not in any pain. She was suffering, because she had trouble breathing, but she did not think that she was suffering or she would not acknowledge it.

Jane said...

If you are having an increase in pain look at what you have been eating very carefully. If it is not the food then look at what you are drinking. Caffeine is an inflammatory. Look at your exercise routine. Are you faithfully stretching all your muscles? A warm, but not hot shower can help a great deal. Are you going to bed on time and getting enough sleep?