Friday, January 29, 2010

foto friday..learning

Join us for foto friday.. at Renaissance..
I really didn't think I'd have something to enter today.. but as I walked into the bedroom, my eyes caught a few items that we have had to LEARN to live with for the past year or so..
So, we are LEARNING to grow old.. let this be a warning ! :)


Much like a walker, this one is called a Rollator and is on wheels and has a seat in case one would not be able to walk any farther. It has a basket too, but it's not attached, of course. Note to the right of it stands my quad cane.. it gives me balance in the morning. Most of you take for granted your first steps out of bed, but my legs are wobbly and sometimes I need a support.


The wheelchair is for Wendell.. it is also setting in our bedroom.. when we go special places, we put it in the back of the car and go.. it gives him the ability to mobilize.



My friend and buddy for the past 6 years has been my CPAP- a piece of equipment I can't sleep without.




6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Very clever! (though it almost makes me want to cry!)

Terri said...

That is an interesting idea. Hopefully, we are all learning to grow old gracefully.

Tracy said...

I'm with Bonnie. It makes me want to cry, too. I have to say, though, growing old with the one you love is FABULOUS!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Learning to grow old is something that we all must face. I love that you took that idea and ran with it for this week's challenge. My Grandma says "embrace it, don't fight it".

Paula said...

I agree with Bonnie. Well done, and a good and sobering reminder.

Rebecca said...

Your takes on the challenges are always rewarding, sometimes funny sometimes (and in this case)thought-provoking.

I am checking everyone's entries out late because of a hectic weekend so I just wanted to say I liked your little spring poem too. Ditto for me! I WANT SPRING! *stomps foot*