Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Is it spring yet?

It's 29* already this morning.. 30* is to be the high for the day. and ..oh.. there is an inch of the white stuff out there. It's pretty from the window, but I really don't want to drive in it.. or clear it off my car..UGH. Is it nearly spring yet?
Yesterday Wendell and I had to go for some groceries. When we walked off the deck in back, our feet sunk about 4" into the muck. We had flattened cardboard boxes layed down over that stretch to keep us out of the mud, but even when we walked on the slag in the driveway, you could feel the oozing underneath. The car wasn't anxious to go out either but at least we didn't get stuck anywhere. Today it'll be all frozen over again.. but come spring... yike.

Today is an office day for me. My start time is 8:45, but it'll actually be 9am since I can't do anything but prep before the good doctor arrives or our PA. I'll be there at 8am to do my prep work for the day- there are 8 patients to see. It was so good to be off last week- I needed that time and I can't imagine how I would have done it.

Physically, I remain about the same- poor sleeping and lots of total body aching and pain. I would prefer not to whine about it, though poor Wendell hears enough of it. I have had most of my testing done and provided the weather is good, I'll have the last part done this week. I have to go to the hospital to have this bloodwork drawn and the lab is on the 4th floor. I am at the point where I really don't feel able to hike all that way and yet a wheel chair would be unnecessary .. or would it?
Good news is that my cholesterol is 175 and my triglycerides are 192.. both not bad. I'm waiting to hear about the tests for the inflammation.. we shall see.
Yesterday I started the high protein, low carb diet program. It wasn't hard to follow until Wendell wanted popcorn.. then I smelled it.. mmmmm....
I got in the shower. I made us SF jello for later and for today. The carb counts for jello and topping are negligible. I think that was the only time all day I really craved something off the diet. The jello was all I could handle and then went to bed. I'm anxious to have some reaction physically to the change in diet.. watching and looking ... hoping for change in physical pain..
Jane has been my mentor. She's already been through this part of Fibromyalgia.. and she has good pointers for me. I need back to the YMCA for some exercise. Maybe Wednesday.

Coffee tastes good this morning.. pray for us today please.. for me and for my patients too. I am thankful for the opportunity to serve them this way.

No comments: