Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Good neighbor Dave

Do you ever feel like everything you do is the wrong thing, wrong time, wrong place, etc? Yesterday I had one of those days. Though I was trying to enjoy my new home, I was struggling with a hip/back problem,and that makes me a bit owly. It seemed like I was tripping over my own feet or shoes.. dropping dishes, flatware, clothes... or just not making things work right. I finally decided to sit down at the computer, but when I came in the room the screen was black and the PC had turned itself off.. seemingly permanently. I couldn't get it to come on no matter what I did. I decided at that point to just go to bed and pray a while. I had so much on my mind.
Yes, Wendell would have the Sportage to get out the driveway, but would there be enough oxygen in the liquid tank for him to go out.. and yes, I got my car out on top of the driveway at the end.. but would I be able to hike up the driveway in the morning, and if so, would I be able to work after stressing my back so ..? God never sent anyone last night to help us get plowed out, but today, before Wendell went to the doctor, someone came down the drive and out again with a blade.. and then again.. the driveway was opened for him..
I didn't know this until I got home tonite. I saw it was plowed, but was concerned that it would drift over again, and I'd be snowed in again..
I took my little wheeled cart with me today in my trunk, stopped during a nearly blinding snowstorm for a few groceries, and then when I got parked again at home, I put all my packages in the cart and started down the drive.
It was our good neighbor Dave who stopped his snowmobile beside me and asked if he could plow our driveway out all the way tomorrow.. and said he'd watch it daily to make sure it didn't drift too far or get too deep.. 'it's fun, " he said.. He was the answer to my prayers.. Not that he plowed us out, but that he offered us so much more- watching over us to make sure we could get out or in. Tomorrow I'll be bringing the car down to the house. It has been a beautiful day.

No comments: