Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Showers of blessings..

The body is weak, but the spirit is joyful and would leap for joy if it were physically possible.
This morning Bob the Builder came to do some repair jobs on our home. The major problem was one of the back door opening on it's own at the most unusual hours. Normally the wee hours of the morning when the wind is howling.. More than once I have felt the cold draft into our snuggy bedroom and gone to investigate only to find the back door standing wide open. Bob was very good.. corrected the problem, tightened the door and even brought us a new inside door to be installed by us- it's the door to the laundry / back door. It needs installed on the kitchen doorway. I have to get hinges and special knob/latch for mobile homes, but the door was delivered.
Good Neighbor Dave was here at the same time and has our driveway very passable now, widened, and the snow pushed away. We are thankful for good neighbors who care for us without even knowing us that well. I wonder if he realizes he is an instrument ordered by God's hand in response to prayer for help.. perhaps I'll tell him that next time, or when I take that cheesecake/plate of cookies over to try to repay him. I have a feeling he won't take money- he is having such fun out there.
I called the Medical supply and ordered Wendell's oxygen tank to be filled today, as the truck, no matter which one they send, won't have any difficulty getting out now. (or in, for that matter) I brought my car down from the end of the driveway.

No comments: