Sunday, February 13, 2011

a blessed Sabbath to you.

 It's a beautiful day.  Brisk at 30*, but with the promise of 40* later on.  I plan to go to church to day.  Seriously- I 'plan' my Sabbath.  I find that the excuse of too much snow, snowed in, sick... yada yada.. are too much for me to bear, and as I miss worshiping the King week after week, I am drawn and filled with the desire to attend.  So I start on Monday to pray that all would be in order for the following Sabbath.. and Tuesday the same.  Wednesday I look at weather reports, and Thursday I pray for good health for Wendell and for me.  Then the blitz- praying for good weather on Friday and Saturday , and for good health also.. that we might be in attendance. 
Today is no different.   It's been prayed over and over, and my intention is that I will go, inclement weather or not.    I'm very thankful for our 4WD, but it's a gas hog.   The vehicle runs like a top and bursts through all sorts of drifts without so much as spinning a tire.  It's amazing.  But it's a gas hog.   Today I will attend worship, but I have only a quarter tank of fuel and limited funds.  It's not bad, we get paid on Wednesday.  But the trip to the Valley uses a quarter tank of fuel.. God has provided us with another RP church in our back yard nearly.  It's about15 min away and is the answer for days like today.


No comments: