Sunday, February 06, 2011

STEELER-MANIA

I love posting on Facebook- I love talking to folks in real time every day.. but something is wrong here.  I'm seeing a manic reaction to the Superbowl game that makes me uncomfortable.  I'd be right there with all the fans were it not the Sabbath.  It makes me cringe to think that my friends and family are expending so much energy on a ball game and the players, but have seemingly forgotten the Lord God Almighty.
Imagine a world where the players on FB would be screaming and shouting their love of Jesus... Excited preparation for the Sabbath, with folks posting how they were going to spend the day in worship of the King.  Imagine songs of praise to the King of Kings .. Love and unity in worship of Jesus.
"BIG GAME TODAY- LET'S BRING HOME A WIN"  could be "Great sermon today- 20 converts to Christ!!!"  or "1 soul was saved" !!!
Terrible Towels wave everywhere..  Imagine a stadium full of bowed heads in prayer to God..
Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy- not a suggestion, a command from God who made the day for His worship.

No comments: