Friday, February 18, 2011

Family History

Wendell and I decided it was time to go to Brookville and find his family there.  We joined the Jefferson County History Center and were welcomed to all the books we could find and a genealogist to help us along.  Fabulous place!   I got the info on his grandmother, but we hit some brick walls as far as other family members.
It wasn't a loss at all, but very informative- I have learned "HOW" to find the information online and to go to other records.
It's fun.
Today when I signed on to AOL, I discovered an email from genforum on Daniel Blair which I'd posted last week.  I have to do some sorting, but we are somehow connected indirectly to Alexander Peden's family..  I feel like I'm reliving Charles Carroll of Carrollton !!!  How fun.  Alexander Peden's Aunt Esther married Brice (Bryce) Blair.. and though I have the line in a pile of papers, I've not had time to untangle it. 
More later on that.

No comments: