Thursday, July 16, 2009

Asher

Wow! What a thrilling day this has been. All the kids got to see and hold their new baby brother. Eli greeted his mom and since she was holding Asher, he announced 'I turn!', and he was allowed to hold him. I was a bit concerned that he would have a meltdown again when he saw his mom, but I'm told he did very very well with the visit. Amen.
He has done quite well today for Wendell and me also. I have to admit, he took a very long afternoon nap, but woke up very pleasant later. I made roast beef and mashed potatoes for supper. It was all put away when Eli woke up, so he had a ham and cheese on white with a handful of chips.. followed by cherry jello with whipped topping and then some fresh strawberries- he ate every one.
The older kids went outside to play for a while and I got the evening snack ready. Esther asked me one day this week if I could please stay longer as she loves having a real prepared evening or bedtime snack. Truth be known, I do it for Wendell especially to ward off insulin shock.. you know, just in case? But I've been more creative with the snacks.. apples and cheese, cheese and crackers, or crackers with cream cheese.. tonite we had a dinner plate full of fresh strawberries along with colby-jack cheese. Another plate had crackers filled with cream cheese. I asked the kids if it was okay and they all gave me a thumbs up and said "awesome!"

It's 11 pm right now.. I'm really tired, but though all the household is asleep.. Eli is awake and 'fixing' the kitchen table with masking tape. He's so sweet- "one more pease?".. how could I say no to that polite little guy?? With each piece of tape he tells me 'tack you'.. and I reply 'you're welcome!'

I think I need a little sandwich before bed. I missed out on the bedtime snack.. and since I can't eat beef, I feel a little hungry..

No comments: