Saturday, July 04, 2009

It's been a quiet day. The Z's have gone to the fair, the little B's have gone to visit friends for the 4th, and though we had a lovely luncheon invitation from the V's today, we also had a power outage and that meant no running water to wash ourselves and no water for Wendell to shave. Right now he looks like a shaggy dog..hehehe
I went out earlier and planted impatiens, forget me nots, and zinnias in the new big tractor tire. They looked happy.. if plants could look happy, that is.
Then from there, it was all downhill.. a lazy day.. do nothing day.. just loafed around.. waiting for the power to come back on.
Wendell and I had hot dogs on the grill tonite.. pretty good. But now I'm kind of sleepy and feel like I'd like to just take a nap.. or go to bed- it's after 9pm now. The neighbors are setting off fireworks again tonite.. they are pretty, I'll say that for them.
Church tomorrow..

No comments: