Wednesday, July 01, 2009

I feel like my mind is in a whirlwind.. I don't seem to be able to concentrate on anything for any length of time. However, we accomplished a lot today despite it. It's all good.
Wendell and I planned to do too much, I think. We didn't get home till after 2pm, so the trip to the Y for swimming was a 'no show'. {{sigh}} But, we did manage to get to Sam's Club and then the local grocery store to get some needed supplies.
We had pizza for supper tonite.. home made.. well, not exactly.. frozen pizza that Mandy doctored to suit us all. I made fresh fruit salad- my reason for wanting to go to Sam's Club. Oh..to die for!
Fresh fruit only- pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, red and green grapes, red raspberries and blackberries- these were 1 1/2 " long and about an inch diameter! WOW! I also got kiwi , apples, and bananas, but not for fruit salad. Mandy was in a quandary- we also have fresh watermelon for lunches.. so she took a container of each!
Later, I went out and bought a bale of peat moss for our tire that will eventually hold flowers. I wasn't sure the size of the bale, and I now see we need 2 more. Rats! I have potting soil to put on top of it all, but it was like a drop in a bucket when I emptied the bale of peat into the tire. I really was hoping it would be enough.. I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer. We need to stay closer to our budget since next Thursday we leave for Valentines for the girls' birthdays.
Sometimes I wonder if God intends for us to have that tire filled at all.. just pondering...
Tomorrow is a big day for us. Wendell will see the bariatric surgeon for the first time as an official patient. WOOHOO!!!! His PCP told him to do more activity during the day for 30'. He actually walked over to see Mandy and John's little garden and looked over the cucumbers that are now about 6" long. It's a start. Too bad we missed the pool..
Now I'm weary of the day and just want my bed.. but it's too early yet.
Wendy and Cory went to the Poconos with the kids for an over-nighter and a day at the waterpark. You'll have to click on VALENTINE HAPPENINGS on the right hand side of this page to see pictures and read about their mini vacation. Probably tomorrow, though.. they sound like they are having a super de duper time and won't be home till later today.
As for me... I'm going to wash the dinner dishes and then settle myself down for a while. It felt like a long day.

2 comments:

Jthemilker said...

Next time make the Y your first priority.

Jemit said...

I would have, but your know how your dad loves fresh fruit salad.. it was calling his name all day.. mine too!