Sunday, July 26, 2009

Missed church today..sigh..


Despite the fact that I was up much of last night coughing and then fell asleep out of sheer exhaustion, I plan to have a decent day. I thank the Lord that things aren't any worse, and He's teaching me patience. I can't get over this in a day or two.. it takes time and it's a slow recoup.
It's really a lovely day outside.. in the 70s and a bit cloudy. I may take a walk out to see what I can find. I have to remember to move very slowly or I'll end up wheezing and coughing.
It's all part of that 'patience'.
This is definitely not what we had in mind when we retired. We were going to set the world on fire traveling around visiting our family. God has a way of showing us He doesn't want us going that direction.. at least not yet.
Perhaps pray over our health situation here. Wendell is sore and looking at surgery in the coming months. He needs help with following his diet NOW so that he'll be compliant when the time comes. I need to be able to carry a patient load on Tuesday at the office without having to stop to catch my breath.

No comments: