Friday, July 31, 2009

I just sat down at the computer with a big bowl full of fresh fruits. Wendell suggested we have a sampling tonite of what we are taking to the Imm reunion tomorrow. I have to admit, it's so refreshing and delicious. I also have macaroni salad and he may dip into it before bed tonite.. but I think I'll pass. The fruit was very satisfying.
I am doing a bit better today. Still coughing and doing some wheezing, but not as often and I'm getting around now without becoming short of breath. I'd been having 'perpetual killer hot flashes'.. that's the best description I can think of. The doctor says it's the cortisone effect.. it got really bad when I finished my last tablet.. even my patients thought something was very wrong. I was dripping sweat down my neck, clothes more than just damp.. and flushed to the hilt and HOT. The doctor told me to make sure I got extra salt and fluids.. well, let me tell you, I never in my life had anyone encourage me to eat salt.. I do that quite well on my own. But I had lost so much sodium in my sweat.. and then I was so fatigued I wasn't sure I could stand up on my own..no exaggeration here. So I increased my sodium and fluids and by golly, I have a bit of energy renewal here. Who'd a thunk it?
Now it's time for bed.. but I've accomplished much today.. maybe not by others standards, but for me.. it was a lot.

No comments: