Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Birth Day Asher

It was a rough night for everyone.. I guess I mentioned that I got up around 2:30am with Wendy. I had a difficult time assessing her status, but it seemed she was having some hard contractions though they were not even close to regular or mostly short duration. Braxton Hicks can do that too.. but she was so very miserable .. She called the hospital to ask what to do.. of course they told her to come in to be checked.. I knew something was up, but Asher wasn't due till August 13th.
Wendy toyed with the idea of getting some relief in a warm tub of water, but between Cory and me, we urged her to just go get checked out.. that was after 4am.. Asher made his appearance at 5am. We were all truly surprised, but delighted. He's a little guy- 5# and 6 oz- Wendy was 5#12oz when she was born at 36 weeks also. He's 19" long.. definitely preemie. He spent the first few hours in the NICU but did so well, he's now in the regular nursery and the plan is to hopefully bring him home Saturday if nothing else holds him back.
The kids were so excited when Cory came through the door and said "Asher is Here!"
In fact he had to call them all back inside, as they thought he meant he brought him home with him..
We made arrangements for the other grandparents to take the kids down after lunch.. Wendell and I cranked up my GPS and off we went to the hospital to see #10 grandchild. He was in the room with Wendy and the nurse had just changed his diaper..I did take a couple pictures and some movies of him too..

No comments: