Monday, January 24, 2011

End of Jan 2011

January 2011 seemed to come fast and now, we are in the final week.. and what do I have to show for it? Have I redeemed my time well?
This seems to have been a fairly good month, though quite cold. We tried to get gas for house heating and cooking, but the company says we have to be at 20% before they will come to move the huge tank and refill them. So I watch the tank gauge daily- it's between 35-30% yet. The one tank is leaning heavily on our deck. It had been leaning on the vinyl siding of our house, but we had them come and pull it away only for it to move another direction. Ugh. I don't know what these tanks weigh, but they put them in with a crane, so I imagine this is not going to be a simple task.
January brought us our Christmas gift from the Vulhops- a visit to the theatre and Mary Poppins. That was SOOOOOOOOO fun!
Annabelle became 4, Daniel became 10, Amy had a birthday :)
and Charlie's birthday is the end of the month- 28th.
I caught my first cold in many years, and true to form, the biggest wimp around. What a whiner! I need to get over this and get on with life.
Yesterday we ran totally out of cat food for Thomas. It took me till mid afternoon to get myself moving enough to go for a bag of Meow Mix.. his favorite. After that, I just couldn't seem to get anything else in order. It's the cold I tell ya.. I've lost 4#.
Not a big deal, but for the week, I guess it is. Drinking tea, gingerale, coffee, water.. juices.. not really hungry.
Looking forward to getting back to the pool at the YMCA.. tired of paying for my membership and not using it.
Unfortunately, it looks like Wendell is coming down with my cold. :( Not happy about that, as he NORMALLY coughs hard with his COPD. He does have home oxygen and I suspect when this thing gets full blown, he'll be sleeping more and that means with the CPAP on and the O2 bled in the line as well.
Today he's chilling and wanting the furnace turned up.
I think it's time for breakfast.. not a heavy one today.. toast and eggs and fruit.
.

No comments: