Sunday, January 16, 2011

Prayer

I believe in prayer. God hears his saints as they cry out to him and He answers. Have you ever felt someone pray for you? I have. The first time was when I had my first major surgery. I was struggling with moving and suddenly became aware of a renewed strength. It wasn't till later I was talking to someone from our church who said they felt the need to pray for me, and at that time, I was in the midst of that difficulty. I knew it was the result of their prayer that upheld me.
Today I'm aware of someone , maybe more than one, praying that I will have no barriers to attend worship today. It's a most wonderful feeling of knowing that someone loves me that much. I had posted my frustrations about last Sabbath to this blog. I wonder if someone read it and has taken action to prevent it from happening once again.
Here I am... 6:30am.. not sure which church we will attend today, but planning to be there no matter.
Just as a reassurance note~ I pray for my children and grandchildren by name every day. I remember my mother doing that for me, and I miss it.

1 comment:

Full of Grace said...

I agree..Prayer is most necessary, and so relieving as well..Sometimes when I have burdens weighing heavily on my heart when I turn to God, He'll give me temporary peace which helps get thru my rough patch.

I love listening to Samuel pray..He prays from the heart about anything that strikes him important..I can only pray that his brother and sisters will follow suit someday, both older and younger!!!