Thursday, January 06, 2011

These are powerful words. Do we really trust that much? Sometimes I'm actually pushed into it- cornered and no other choice than to trust the Lord will make all things good again.
This verse is so comforting to me.

Today is Thursday and I'm feeling good. I pray this will last right into the weekend. Today I have a 'todo' list. Me and my lists... I can hear you laughing now..
One of the items there is cleaning off the countertops since we had two parties here over the holidays. Every time I looked at them, I cringed and said to myself "I gotta get those counters clutter-free". Today is the day. I've been a busy bee, but taking my time and not pushing myself too hard.
The snow started falling a couple hours ago as the announcer on the radio said 'only a chance of snow flurries today and no accumulation'. I should have taken a picture of it coming down in big gorgeous fluffy flakes, and a half inch later, it's still here.
I don't mind this kind of snow. Anyway, I made a good hearty breakfast for Wendell and me, and then after the dishes were done and I got dressed finally, I took 2 big bags of burnables to the burn barrel and a huge bag of garbage to the can. I don't keep garbage around very long, but ended up emptying several waste baskets into one which made a huge package for the sanitation engineers to deal with.
Next is bacon. I got a good deal on bacon yesterday when I went for a few groceries. $2.50/lb. So I got two 2# packages and I'm cooking it as I type here. I like to cook the whole package at one time, then bag it and put it in the refrig. Most mornings, I pull out a couple pieces for us and nuke it making it dry and crisp.
Next on the agenda is cleaning out the refrigerator. Wonder what I'll find there? I haven't cleaned it out since before Christmas. Hmmmm .
We are having soup for lunch and BLTs. I splurged yesterday and bought a head of lettuce and a bunch of vined tomatoes.
Our house no longer smells of sauerkraut, but of savory bacon.
Mmmmmm!
I'm going to have to really be careful about my diet .. I got the result of my A1c done in December- 6.7 !!!! Yike! Gotta exercise and lose weight. I'm heading for Type 2 diabetes.

No comments: