Tuesday, January 04, 2011

I woke up feeling ill this morning.. really ill. I went to bed sick too. A nasty belly ache from what I think was the ice cream I indulged in earlier that evening. I'm lactose intolerant, and foolishly figured I could eat that ice cream without any repercussions.. I was wrong. So this morning I had this brief period of panic thinking it was a gall bladder attack, and I'd have to go to the hospital for treatment.. and me, with no health insurance yet. So as I sipped on my ginger ale, I prayed that this would not be the case. It was when Wendell got up and I told him my dilemma, he suggested it was more likely the ice cream. Ah, yes.. the ice cream.
8. Thankfulness~ it's good to give thanks unto the Lord, so the Psalmist says. Boy, am I ever! I'm so thankful this was just indiscretion on my part for eating something I actually KNOW will make me physically ill for 12-24 hours till it leaves my body. Thank you Lord for keeping me well now. Lesson learned~ use Lactaid before any dairy.
Thankfulness extends into so much of my life, and I can't help but be joyful for the blessings therein. I have a wonderful bunch of kids and have been given 10 grandchildren who are all unique and interesting and beautiful. Awesome.
We have a home that has brought us a quiet contentment with being who we are and where we are. We have little income monetarily, but it doesn't matter.. we are happy, there is enough to pay the few bills we have, and then some groceries to keep us fed. We have a warm home not just from the gas furnace and 2 little electric heaters, but there is a certain warmth about our living space that draws me into it when I've been out and about.
It's home.
Reliable transportation is another thing for which I'm thankful. Our little Honda was reliable and got us through a blizzard last year, but Wendell felt we needed something much moreso as in 4WD.. so we got the KIA this year. I keep wondering if we will be able to make all the payments on it, but so far, the money has been there for us. It's not as fuel efficient as the Honda, but it gets us where we need to go. We don't go a lot of places and stay home a lot, but it's there and ready when we want to travel.

No comments: