Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow snow snow!!


It started a little after lunch. Snow.. it's normally a 4 letter word in my vocabulary. But today, it's heavenly~ beautiful!
It's coating everything it lands on, including our KIA. That's okay. I got the warnings over the weekend, and yesterday I ventured out alone to the grocery store and picked up some bread, milk, fruit, coffee, eggs, and pork chops to tide us over for the next few days till this stuff stops. Let it snow! I have nowhere to go!
Wendell got me a Family Tree Maker update and 6 mos of Ancestry .com for Christmas. I love days like this that I dare NOT venture outside any farther than the back porch to check on our little kitty Thomas. I've been spending hours uploading to Ancestry and to my blogs. I need to get this history out and to others who desire to know about our 'roots'. I've learned a few things along the way, and actually, have gained more information as I was perusing the Imm and Blair sides of our family. Fascinating!
Knowing this storm was coming, I discussed with hubby the fact that Thomas' box faces east because most storms come from the west. But today is different.. it's coming form the east and if we didn't do something quickly, he would end up with a box of snow rather than shelter. So we now have his box sheltered with an opening facing south that he can just bearly get in. He doesn't seem to mind it at all. I was concerned that he might try finding somewhere else, but he does like his box.
After purchasing a gallon of milk yesterday, we couldn't fit the old milk in the refrig~ just a bit over a cup left. So I poured it into a dish and gave it to Thomas. Oh.. you would think I gave him a royal feast! He LOVES milk! He has it nearly gone now. He saved some last evening and it froze solid. I caught him early this morning trying to lick the ice milk. So I brought it inside to thaw, and now there is just a tiny bit left in the dish~ frozen, I might add.
He is safe and warm inside his box where the snow can't get in no matter what, and he can bearly get inside himself.
Gonna watch some TV I think..

No comments: