Saturday, January 08, 2011

Oh..wow. Another winter weather advisory for today through tomorrow.. 4-7" of the white stuff. Yeah.. I'm complaining again. Can't help myself.
You know, there WAS a time when I really loved this weather and looked forward to it.. that was a good many years back though. Nowadays, I look at it as .. gotta get out there and clean off the car with my new handy dandy telescoping brush made for SUVs. And that's not even before the concern that one inerrant step and my dear hubby could have a broken hip ~ or worse yet I could be on that receiving end!
Winter is not ALL bad- indeed the beauty of it is breathtaking by times, and the frigid temperatures kill off most of the viruses that are floating about. By the way , you DO use those wipes offered in stores now, don't you? They remove a lot of the viruses from the cart of the lady before you who was coughing, sneezing and had a temperature of 103*. If you didn't use the free wipe.. you too will be brewing flu viruses. Not a pleasant thought.
I find it interesting that I seem to have these rounds of physical ailments on Saturdays..that get worse Saturday night and cause me to give in to the stress on Sabbath morningn when I need to be at worship. I see it for what it is~ Satan's darts taking direct aim and hitting me squarely. This is war! I have a new determination and have been praying early in the week for no more impediments or blockades to be in my way on Sabbath morning.
Indeed, even with this latest snow advisory, I still have my determination .. but will ask you to pray for us also. For I know that God also wants us there in the morning. Perhaps not at OUR church this week, but we have the option of a shorter distance to the Gibsonia work. This one starts at 9:30am.. which means I'll be getting up super early in the morning to make sure my body is moving properly and the car is ready to go. There is one more option.. to become Methodists for the day as Alda White used to do when winter caused her to divert her travel to our church. It was a long drive from Kittanning to Upper Burrell.. much as it is for us.

No comments: