Tuesday, March 27, 2007

311 DAYS TO GO


Yesterday was a spectacular day.. 75 degrees and sunny ! I was limited only by my back which has been giving me distress for the past 2 weeks. I've been hoping it would just 'get better'.. but it looks like it's here for a while. I did make an appointment with the hospital's Pain Management Center- they assure me they can help. So many more choices these days. In the mean time, I'll be laying low, using pain patches, and Tylenol, of course.
I didn't go to work yesterday because of the pain, but will try to do so today.
Retirement can't arrive soon enough- 311 days to go! WOOHOO !!!
Though I didn't go into work, I was not idle all day..no no.. I can't stand the thought of wasting a beautiful day laying around groaning about my aching back. So, though it took me most of the day, I managed to clean out one shelf of the linen closet and produced one trash bag of stuff we never use and never will. One of the things that made me laugh was a huge bag of 'brush rollers' for hair.. Now, I haven't used those since ...hmmmm.. maybe the late '70's?? Time to dump them. In the back of that shelf were bottles of half used shampoos, and all kinds of hair supplies - all half used and mostly dried out.. I dumped them too.. interesting shelf. It had boxes of meds that were long outdated.. I found one that expired in 2001 ! YIKE! .. dumped.
I changed the sheets on the bed last night too and have the comforters ready to be laundered. I'm so slow at these things.. but after 2 hours, I had it done. As I said, it is taking me 5 times as long to do simple tasks..but if I take my time, I can get some things accomplished.

We had baked chicken, mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy and carrots for supper last night. I had a couple biscuits frozen.. I heated them up to complete the meal. Wendell said it was pretty good.. he's not a chicken fan.
He did the dishes without anyone suggesting it yesterday. Atta Boy Wendell !! It is hard for me to bend over the dishwasher to load/unload it. I had planned to wash them, but when I went to the kitchen, I was surprised to hear the machine humming away.

Today is to be in the low 70's again. The weatherman says it will rain. I'll be at work,so it won't much matter.

Have a super day.. pray for us.. for me please.

Yesterday I also realized that the new med I'm taking didn't cause me nausea.. HOORAY!! Maybe I can continue to take it after all. I think it'll be okay. My body seems to be more accepting of it.

No comments: