Friday, March 09, 2007

SIGNS OF SPRING

I'm watching for that first robin.. the harbinger of spring. He's due any time now. Lots of birds around here in winter.. Mandy calls them "the pigs" because she buys a huge bag of birdseed and feeds them all winter just outside the front door. They come in droves.. and eat it all within a few hours. They are hungry little critters.
The birdfeeder has to be loaded every day.. could be twice a day for as fast as they eat it all.
When the robins arrive, you know spring is here. In the spring, they sometimes arrive in flocks and are all over the front yard looking for worms that have come close to the ground surface with all the melting snow and rain causing the water table to rise. I'm watching for the robins.


Another sign of spring is the crocus. We have just a few and every spring they pop up in the flower beds and then bloom - white, yellow and purple. Sweet little delicate blooms. They are deceptive- even though they look delicate, they are hardy and will bloom even when there is snow on the ground.. so I'm watching for them too- the first flowers of spring.

It is 5:30am. The temperature is spring-like at 22, but promising to go to almost 50 today. Oh, lovely lovely !! No chance of precipitation, and it's to be SUNNY !!
I slept so much better last night.. I was really exhausted and sore.. but after 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep, I'm looking to the day to be a great one. It's also the end of the 2 weeks when I had only one day off. AMEN.
I'll be more careful scheduling from now on. It was a little much for my old body to handle all those consecutive days working. It's not heavy labor, but tedious and long days and evenings.
When things calm down here, I plan to get out and walk on my days off. I need that desperately, but try to meet other's needs first. At this point, I'm becoming the one 'in need' of some time off- my weight is not in control these days no matter what, and I know walking is the answer. I love to walk.. my favorite thing.
Wendell wants to join me this time, so we can both get moving and feel better.
On to the day.. have a great one.. pray for us..

No comments: