Friday, March 02, 2007

OVER TIRED

Being overly tired is really not a good idea. I have experienced it this week while I've been trying to work every day. It didn't take long to be exhausted. I set my clock for 5am and Wendell woke me up at 8. I was due at the office at 8am. I had slept for 11 hours prior to that, getting up once during that time to run to the BR, and then back to bed to sleep again. I was so tired when I got up, I couldn't think straight, but had to quickly get my head together. I called into the office to say I'd be late and faxed my worksheet to them. Then I called my assistant to go in earlier than anticipated while I got my shower, dressed, and pulled myself together. I didn't get to do much with the patients, but instead caught up with the scheduling and was on the phone with insurance companies, pharmacies, and patients all day. My weariness grew all day-red tape does that to you. I am thankful for Kathy. I don't know what I would have done without her.
I got home and did nothing the rest of the evening. I just wanted to sit quietly and not think any more. I had a cup of coffee, called one more insurance company for information, and then ate my salad I had brought home from lunch. It was then that I realized I had not had breakfast, nor lunch.. nothing all day. No wonder I was so tired. I put chicken in the salad and was satisfied.
A few more phone calls came in, and I finally plugged in the cell phone and went to bed. It's not quite 8am, but I decided to take today off totally and just be home today. I'll nap when I need to, and won't have the pressures of work on my shoulders.
It is 39 degrees here right now. It's to be in the mid 40s today. That is a sign of spring. Another sign of spring is the melting snow. Where we had 4-5 inches in the yard yesterday, it is now fast melting and there is ugly brown everywhere you look speckled with white patches where the snow was deeper. The driveway is mucky and mud abounds. But the wind is blowing as it does in March, and soon the mud will be gone and signs of the green of new leaves and grass will be seen. I'll be watching for the crocus to bloom.
Wendell is planning to go to the park today to talk to his boss about retirement and related things. He really is feeling rather sad about leaving there, but also a certain amount of happiness about it too. Life changes.. and we have to adjust to those changes. I'm still trying to make the change from workforce to retirement. It will happen in time.
Jane's computer is down. It's a power source problem. I have been there....... done that....... repaired it myself.
and I think we can help her repair her's.
If you'd like to see the latest 4D sonar pictures of Elijah, go to Wendy's blog. These pictures are so incredible and though not as clear as the first ones, still look like actual photos. Wendy is now at 36 weeks and likely won't make it to full term at 40 weeks. Wendell and I are planning a week with them starting April 1st. I can hardly wait.
Okay...... on with the day.... May God bless you with all good things today.

No comments: