Saturday, March 17, 2007

FRIDAY...MAR 16

The weather sure surprised a lot of us.. When I went to brush the snow off my car, I measured 4" of it on the hood. It was a bit of a chore getting it all cleaned off, but once off, I figured it would be good to go .. except the snow kept on coming down and by the time I got to work there was another full inch on my car again. The roads were horrendous and it was nightmarish driving home tonite. If it's not gone by morning, I'm not going to drive to work tomorrow. Just can't take the stress of it all.
Now.. about 2pm I called Cory's cell phone to see what was happening in their neck of the woods. I knew Wendy was going in for induction of labor at 10am.. When I called, they had just admitted her and were starting her IV.. and then they would run a little pitocin to get her moving, and then rupture membranes.. it all worked well.. I called around 6pm while I was at supper. .but no reply. At a little after 6:30pm, I had a call from them and Elijah had been born at 6:23. WOW! She said she had to push for 7 minutes. Double wow! A little later Cory sent me a cellphone photo of him. They are in the midst of the same storm we are experiencing, so the children were not able to see their new brother tonite. Tomorrow they will make the first trip.

I'm home now and it's late.. I need some sleep if I have to go out again tomorrow. I just hope things improve. The problem with weekend snow is that the road crews dont' work then.. only on school days. It gets really annoying when you have to work the weekend and nothing is done with roads.
It will be gone soon.

No comments: