Monday, March 19, 2007

CATCHING UP A BIT

Just a couple things here before I hit the sack...
Check out Wendy's blog.. .. picture of baby Elijah and Wendy and Cory. Very very nice ! I have some to share too.. but not for a day or so.. cute.
I have a hard time keeping up with my DOWNSIZING blog.. It's the one where I am watching my weight ...
(watching it fluctuate up and down more often than not).. but I'm trying. My appetite is not as good as it was, and perhaps that's not a bad thing.. and the nausea settles a little more each day. I guess I'm getting adjusted to the new meds. It's been rough. I think I'm hungry and when I try to eat, the nausea hits and I can't even consider a bite..
but after the nausea subsides, I can eat a little.
I am tolerating the new dose of Vytorin.. the last one left me with such pain in my arms I couldn't sleep on either side for weeks.. but this dosage seems a bit more comfortable. I've also started taking CoQ 10.. it's an enzyme.
I did some reading about the effects of Cholesterol lowering medications and found that they also eliminates the vital CoQ 10 in the body along with the nasty cholesterol. So.. this may have been the reason for my aching arms.. I'm taking 100mg /day now and so far, so good. I've been taking fish oil too.. and the doctor started me off with a prescription strength one called Omacor. I don't take the 4/day as needed, but only one as they tend to give me indigestion. I burp the stuff for hours if I take more than one. My insurance doesn't cover the Omacor so I'll be just getting it OTC.. still good.
I need to start eating more berries and fruits along with cereals.. I am lax about this.. but they are such a good source of vitamins and fiber.
It's late.. 1:30am.....and I need some rest now.
More blogging in the morning...

No comments: