Friday, March 09, 2007

UPDATE

I got this email from my cousin Irene. Her mom is my Aunt MaryJane. With Irene's permission, I want to share the email with you:


I talked to Mom yesterday and she sounded great. The activities director made a special effort to talk her into joining a "volleyball" game involving balloons and fly swatters. She (Mom) participated and had a lot of fun. Now that's a word I hadn't heard her use in a long, long time!
Aunt Dorothy called me Monday to let me know how amazed she was when she called Mom on Sunday. She was so very glad to hear Mom sounding her normal self again. By the way, Aunt Dorothy is getting settled into her new condo and seems comfortable with the idea of having sold her house of soooo many years. The condo is on the second floor in a building without elevators (yikes! but she says she likes stairs!) and Cam's sister Jean and husband live downstairs. That's the best part because Jean takes her shopping and they really are a great help.
Back to Mom. Rose, the wounds care manager at Harmar Village, called me today to update me on Mom's situation. She had nothing but glowing reports of healing. She sounded truly amazed at the progress Mom has made in the past few weeks, stopping just short of calling it miraculous. So to those of you who have prayed over this, THANK YOU. Please don't stop. She said the wounds have healed, but it will still be a while before Mom is back on her feet. The sore on her left foot was so deep the bone is still visible, but they expect that to heal, too. The black is gone and things are looking pink again, which is excellent. Pain is being managed with Tylenol, which means the "crazies" are gone.
I am hopeful that over the next few weeks we can get her moved back home with some help from visiting nurses through the PA Dept of Aging.

No comments: