Thursday, March 22, 2007

LONG WINDY DAY


It's 61 degrees. It won't be that warm tomorrow.. more like in the high 40's.. that's March for ya. But spring is definitely here.. Lake Blair has filled and receded several times now. The daffodils are shooting up taller with their buds about to burst forth.. and there are buds on the trees where there will soon be green leaves. I have to remember we can have frost clear up till May 31st. It's spring. It's finally here.

One of the best parts of spring days is flying kites. I have purchased a number of these for the kids. Okay..okay.. for me. I can't help the fact that even if I'm a senior citizen, I still love flying kites- and so do the children. I have several Cinderellas and a few Spiderman and Superman.. and some really colorful ones with stripes and then one very patriotic one with stars and stripes and a big ol' eagle in the middle. Yep.. I'm ready.
I would have liked to have gone out today. (I keep forgetting that it's still Thursday, though it's 11PM)
Today was a beautiful windy day.. too windy though, and the rain came down too. I guess it wouldn't have been such a great day for kites.

I had such good plans for today. I got up super early, got myself ready, and went to the office. I had to cancel 2 of my afternoon patients, so I moved the 3rd one to morning.. I should have been home at 1pm. There are always glitches present when you least expect them and today was one of those days. The rep bought lunch and since I was done, I went to eat with everyone else. Then we had an inservice .. and I spent more time after with the rep just talking about problems I have had with my patients and their biologics. Nothing serious..just frustrations with schedules and dealing with insurance companies. The inservice was a good review of how the biologics work with patients with RA and associated auto immune disorders.
By the time I got out of the discussion, I still had my paperwork to do and plans for the next 3 weeks of office visits have to be in place before next Monday so that I can make a trip to NY the first week in April.
Then the clean up from the morning session.. and helping the office manager get set up for new authorizations for the next few weeks.. and talking to patients on the phone as I tried to finish up. There was so much going on..
I clocked out at about 4pm.. and got home a little after 4:30 after having to circumvent the sewer project in my township to get home. I suppose I'll be taking the 'long route' home for a few more months.

It was raining when I got home.. so much for my plans to spend the afternoon with the kids. Frustration and tiredness reigned. I'd had only 2 hours of sleep the night before and went strong all day till I got home finally and sat down with a much needed cup of coffee. Wendell so kindly went out for Long John Silverfish.. and we had that for supper. No, it's NOT on my diet, but I was too tired to care, and following 2-3 pieces of fish and a dollop of coleslaw, I headed for my bed.. and slept.

Friday I am gainfully employed at the hospital unless I get downsized. I don't think that will happen. Lately, I've been scheduled by myself, and it's been overwhelming. I do hope I'll have some help tonite. I put my name in for downsizing, but I doubt it will happen. Retirement will be so welcome.

Saturday I plan to go in the morning to be a part of the audience for Coffeemaster Keith as he does a Coffee Seminar at Starbucks in Cranberry. You should all come to one of those.. even if you don't like coffee.. he's a great instructor and you learn a lot about coffees and where they are grown.. not to mention what coffee tastes best with what delicacy he has chosen to go with it. I am definitely NOT a coffee snob and love my Folgers best of all.. but it's fun to taste other coffees and learn a little while I'm at it. And I love the taste- testing !
At the last seminar, he gave us samples of the coffees he discussed to take home with us. Fabulous!

Sabbath day is the day chosen for Annabelle's baptism. Another occasion for rejoicing. Annabelle was named for a cousin who was very much loved but has departed this life for one with our savior. I'm so pleased that our little Annabelle was named for such a wonderful Christian woman. I will look forward to telling her about her 'Aunt Annabelle' as she grows up. I'll have to make sure she has pictures of her- I have lots to share.

Wendell and I feel so overwhelmingly blessed with 9 beautiful grandchildren. Who would have even imagined that we'd have all these little ones ? I look forward to my retirement with the anticipation of spending many more hours with them all.

One more item.. Jane is now online, but unable to access various areas she once was able to visit freely. She can't get to her blog.. so you won't see updates for a while.. and I miss her on the AIM buddy list.. she can't seem to get on that either. I cringe at the thought of getting an new computer with Vista.. the firewalls are a bit much. If you can't go where you need to be, of what good is the fancy new program?

It's nearly midnite.. gotta get back to bed. Good night my blogger friends.. see you in the morning.

No comments: