Sunday, August 19, 2007

ALLERGIES


Wednesday I saw my PCP for a routine check up. Labs were good, he changed my BP med, and pronounced me pretty healthy. Thursday afternoon after all the patients were gone and I was doing my paperwork, something triggered an allergy attack.. I suddenly had copious amounts of mucus draining down the back of my throat and I suddenly lost my voice.. or it became very nasal and gravelly. Eyes watered and itched...
It's been 3 days.. I worked 2 of them, but today have called off because of the wheezing and coughing, and the rest .. It's sure a bugger. I've been using my Albuterol puffer about every hour, and the cough has left me with sore ribs and a nasty headache. I'm going back to bed.
Tomorrow I'll call the doctor and see if I have to take yet another round of Medrol.

Nearly everyone I know who has any allergy problems is having a bad time this year for some reason... This is the worst one for me.. I've been 'hit' at least 3 times if not 4 with severe symptoms that occur on the spur of the moment. It got old pretty fast.
And , yes , I'm using Robitussin DM and Nasonex spray.. I tried Allegra D, but it doesn't do a thing.. Dimetapp is good.
Anyone have any other ideas how to combat this? I'm about out of ideas myself. Each round of attack seems worse than the last one.. no Epi-pens for me.. I bottom out with epinephrine.

Okay.. I'm done complaining... have a great day.. I'm heading for my bed.

No comments: