Saturday, August 11, 2007

GOOD MORNING

It is a beautiful day today. John has been busy loading up the dumpster which arrived yesterday morning. It's already half full, and it's a HUGE dumpster. The basement awaits yet- we'll see.

I realized I hadn't made a post yesterday and the last post was just a rant. It's been one of those weeks I guess. The computer threatened to shut down and stay down on Wednesday morning. After fussing with it again and again I finally got it to come on and I could read email at least. Wendell urged me to order a new CPU, so I did. I ordered it online from Amazon and got a fabulous deal with a $250 rebate.. WOOHOO! Wednesday evening I got online again and had an email from Amazon that said my order had been picked up. I got free shipping and was expecting the new tower somewhere between Aug 15-27. Thursday I had a call from UPS that said my order would arrive Friday. WOW! So Friday morning around 11am, the new tower arrived. I couldn't do anything with it then since I was gainfully employed yesterday evening. Surprise! They sent me home after 4 hours, so all last evening I was putting together the new tower. This one has the Vista Home Premium, and I think I'll enjoy it a lot. Already I'm getting the hang of it. It is so different from other computers I've owned. The old one will still operate, but we'll see.. not sure what I'll do with it. I thought the sound card went bad, but apparently it was the speakers.. so now that I have the new tower, there is still no sound. Gotta get speakers I guess.

Lots to do today.. still much to set up with the new PC.
Have a super day and I'll catch you all later

No comments: