Tuesday, August 28, 2007

MOVING FORWARD


Moving forward here. Each day should be just a little better than the last. I was disappointed that when I got up today my tongue and cheeks still had that lousy white gunk on them. But tonite, it's nearly gone, all but for a few small spots on the buccal of my cheeks. Wonderful!
I had a fairly busy but draining day. I took the paperwork to the office for my assistant for Thursday, and then Wendell and I went to lunch. I was surprised to be able to stick to the Candida diet without much difficulty. Grilled chicken breast and broccoli were the main course.
I ate a couple of french fries , but these didn't sit well, so I passed on the remainder. The waitress wanted to 'box' them up for me along with the roll she had served, but I declined. No rolls for me.. no yeast breads.
We had to stop at the dollar store for a couple of critical items we were close to running out of, and then to the grocery. I got plain active culture yogurt. I'll be interested tomorrow when I try it. I love the fruited stuff, but the plain...well... maybe with tomato and some seasoning.
We were both exhausted from our trip out. How did that ever happen? We used to go to 4-5 stores and still have lots of reserve when we got home.
So we sat down and watched a movie. Haven't done that for some time. Wild Hogs it was called. Funny movie. I laughed so hard I started coughing and got out of breath. I had to run for the inhaler to get settled. Oh, brother!
Then supper.. mine was fresh spinach salad..and really yummy.
Tonite I'm making John his long overdue birthday cake. It's a cheesecake.. I won't be having any of this one- not on the diet.
So I am doing some better. I still have the cough with activity and so I need to be a little calmer these days- hard for me to do. I'm on the move constantly when I'm not having respiratory problems.
The plan is to rest a lot.. get lots of sleep and just not do too much.
We'll see how things go tomorrow.
Keep praying.. I appreciate it so much.

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

It sounds like you are feeling a good bit better today. That is good.

I'm feeling better today too, but I think I need more rest.