Wednesday, August 08, 2007

LIFE GOES ON

Congratulations Barry Bonds. You now have your dream, so can we get on with life now? I was annoyed reading the news when I saw the headline about Ms Pelosi calling Mr Bonds to congratulate him.. not that I care, you understand. Good for her. But the next headline read : No Call From Bush. That's the one that irritated me. You see, he's the President of these great United States.. and it is not required of him to congratulate every athlete whose dreams of excellence come to pass. In fact, when is the last time any athlete called to wish the President well? hmmmm? I'm glad the President isn't immersed in sports- he has enough troubles on his hands- he doesn't need to be focusing on another person's athletic abilities.
Looks like NYC is under water. That's why I live where I live. I like it here. No earthquakes, no tsunamis, no landslides.. just clean country living in a quiet rural community where neighbors are neighbors and no one bothers anyone else. When we go out, we stop at intersections and let the other car go ahead of us.. no fist fights over whose turn it REALLY is. There are no 1000 person crowds waiting for a cab- we can get around just fine around here. I don't even know what a crowd of 1000 people looks like- I don't think I've ever seen one.. much less a rowdy crowd of 1000 people.
My cost of living is much less than these folks, but you will never convince me that I'm poor in any way. I have what I like around me, and enough financially to meet the bills as they come in, and at the moment, at least, we are not living beyond our means. Fresh veggies and fruit from the garden and roadside stands (locally grown produce) are on the table nightly, and I know how to make bread if the need arises.
I thank the Lord for putting me where I am while I'm here on this earth, and for my mom who showed us all how to garden and live frugally, and eat like a king in the process. I know how to can foods because I was taught how to do it by my parents. I have passed that on to my own children.
I think country living is the greatest. Anyone disagree? Take a look at the pictures in the news of NYC.. then tell me I don't have the best of everything.
Life goes on.....
-

No comments: