Tuesday, August 07, 2007

RAINY DAY


I just heard that Butler county is one of about ..was that 54-58 counties? that were under mandatory drought conservation of water. I have to wonder about that. We have had tons of rain in the past few days.. and at the moment we are in the midst of yet another downpour with thunder and lightening. I have to wonder if we haven't had 6" on Sunday and then today we should have another 5-6"- it's coming down pretty hard. Lake Blair is now appearing on the driveway.. and filling rapidly.
I'm having a problem with my GI tract and then the aching from all the wet weather.. I called off work today. I just can't see me working when I feel so lousy. I always feel so guilty when I call off, but then, the alternative is going in and moaning and groaning all evening.. so I'm staying home. It's just as well.


I was thinking about the question of giving others advice and remembered telling someone another very important bit.. We live in a rural farming community. You have to go through a dairy farm to get to my house.. the advice that is given is this.. Don't ever run through the mud- it's not mud. Some people have to learn the hard way and their cars stink for a long time.

I can tell that not much will be accomplished today.. and I'm going back to my bed where I intend to sleep for a few hours.. peacefully.
Have a great day.. pray for us and for those close to you who are ailing. Pray for our leaders too. They probably need more prayer than most folks.
-

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

That's great advice. If you do drive in it and don't wash it off quick, it will burn onto your exhaust and like you said... will stink for a long long time!