Thursday, February 01, 2007

COLD MORNING

It's nearly 5am..I'm up and getting myself set to go to the office again today. Long day ahead. The nice thing is that Wendell needs the car to go to the orthopedic surgeon today to get his stitches out. That means he can drive today and will pick me up at the office this afternoon. The car will be all toasty when he gets here.
It's cold again this morning, but not so cold that I can't function. 18 now with a promise of 30 as a high. Snow won't arrive till later today.. this evening. I'm going to the office tomorrow too- but just as general help.
It is February.. one year from my retirement.. and the worst month of the year for winter. It could get a lot worse before spring arrives. We'll see. Tomorrow is Punxutawny Phil's big day. Either we'll have 6 more weeks of winter or spring will arrive soon. I'm rooting for the latter of course.
This reminds me of the year Wendell and I sent Mum to California in February- late in February..to see her brother Bob. We noticed when we arrived at Greater Pitt that planes seemed to be taking off more rapidly than usual.. and indeed they were. In the hour we spent getting her on her plane, snow had begun to fall and they were attempting to get as many flights out as possible before they'd have to close down. It was awesome watching this all happen. On the way home, it was horrendous driving.. really treacherous with new snow on the ground and more dropping fast. We got several inches in a very short period of time. Hard for the road crews to keep up.
Right now the weather seems pretty stable.. and , hey.. did anyone notice the moon last night? Nearly full. Oh, boy..and I'm gainfully employed this weekend.
Do pray for us.. we have a lot going on here this week and need support.

No comments: