Tuesday, February 06, 2007

THINK SPRING

The news weatherman says it's 5 below zero this morning.. I'm reading minus 1 here where I am. It doesn't really matter.. It's cold. No matter.. it's cozy here this morning. Wendell has the coffee made, and I'm having my first cup.
Usually I have a mental list of things I need to accomplish for the day. Today, I have nothing on the list besides washing dishes. There are many things needing done, but my brain seems to be in 'suspend' mode for the moment.
Last summer I took pictures of the beautiful flowers in our yard/garden. The one above is a Stargazer Lily that grows behind the trailer. They were exceptionally beautiful this past year. I love flowers. Speaking of flowers, I got to work last evening and found a vase of beautiful spring flowers on my desk. I was so curious who would send me flowers. AHA! Thank you JJ.. they are so lovely, and added a much needed reminder of spring to come! I had them squarely in front of me last night. I needed a breath of spring. It was an otherwise miserable evening- the grand slam was in force, and I was at the center of it all. I believe the only thing that kept me there and not walking out was the fact that I have a retirement date that is within reach. I am looking for a smaller unit within the hospital. I am the last person left from the original staff of 5East.
Gotta get moving. Lots to do..I just have to figure out which major task to do first.
Pray for us....and think spring!

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

Just wanted to put some "Spring" in your step!