Tuesday, February 20, 2007

SMILE

It's 41 degrees- the high was to be 38.. we have surpassed it already. However the barometric pressure is falling and rain/snow are anticipated for the day. I could have guessed the rain- you know the old sacro-iliac barometer woke me at 4am trying to tell me that rain is on its way. Funny how that happens.
So I made some coffee and warmed up my rice bag to put on my lower back. They both help. Tylenol is next- the big dose today- 2 Extra Strength. I should have known this was coming. The aching started yesterday.

I'm still smiling. Smiling is healthy and good for you. Even if you feel lousy, if you can squeeze in a smile or two, your whole being seems to respond positively. So I have been consciously smiling for the last half hour.
My nature is to be stubborn, and I am determined to have a good day with or without the backache.
Today Wendell goes for his endoscopy. The GI doc will take a look in his stomach and upper small bowel to see if there is any reason for his troubles he's had for months.

Since I'm up so early, I might as well get my shower before anyone else gets up.

Good news from Jeff about Uncle Bob- he's doing transfers from wheel chair to bed/chair and back. He's up and down and eating.. AMEN! Pray for smooth recovery.
The word from Irene has been positive too....so glad to hear Aunt MaryJane is on the mend! Thank you Lord!

I was just thinking about answered prayer..and how God blesses us when we rely on him even in the most mundane areas of our lives. It was about a year ago when I decided that the family history would be better in binders (the big 3" ones) than in boxes. So I prayed about it..I asked for about a dozen big binders to help me get organized. I told the kids I was looking for binders.. but the day I got them, you wouldn't believe how many arrived.. all brand new.. free.. 3 cases! 36 binders and all 3" ones. I had gone into the office one day and out of the clear blue sky one of the girls asked me if I could use a few binders. YES! and I thought I might get 3-4 of them.. until she said there were 3 cases brought to the office- each with a dozen binders and they were too big for use there. They were left there by a drug rep who was cleaning out her garage and just wanted rid of them.
They would help me load the cases in my car if I'd take them. WOW!

I found out I have 2 6# containers of peanut butter that have he 2111 code on them. I'll be returning these to where I got them. I'm not throwing them out, they were wayyyyyyyyyy too expensive. I got them last November for holiday baking and as a gift for Isaac. Glad I didn't send it as a gift, though Wendy reports that she also had one with the code.

Have a wonderful day! Keep smiling.. you'll be feeling like singing in no time!!
Pray for us and for Wendell especially.. and the doctors who are trying to diagnose him.

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

It's nice to know that you are smiling again. :)