Saturday, February 17, 2007

GOOD NEWS


I needed to blog a little tonite.. I just got home from work.. there was good news today. I'd say it's about time.
Wendell saw the cardiologist today and he'll follow him from now on- his next appointment is in 6 months. He's doing well. Even nicer was the visit to the rheumatologist who checked out his knees and said that perhaps he could post pone the replacement of the left knee for just a little while. He thinks the knees are straight and that likely there was no damage done when he twisted the right one (his recent operative one); he's not using the cane much now, and says Tylenol works fine.
Though his GI problems are settling for the moment, he still has to have an Endoscopy done next week- Tuesday. and the HIDA scan on Thursday. It's going to be a really busy week again.
More good news.. Uncle Bob is doing well post op- and has been moved from the hospital. Jeff says they are getting the house 'wheel chair accessible' for his homecoming. How very very grand!!
With all my complaints about the miserable highways here in my county, I have to say, their work today was in a very positive direction. We never got above freezing- around 18 today- but they certainly were able to clear off Rt 8 nicely. In fact, I noted that almost all the roads are pretty clear now. It wasn't the least bit frightening to drive home tonite. There is still drifting going on, but it's not causing any major tie-ups at any point.
One more note- I had help tonite and thank Denise for staying till after 9pm to do so. It would have been a nightmare at work without her. I tried very hard to keep our charts/orders cleaned up.. we had a lot of orders tonite.. and west side had a lot of admits- uncommon for them. I took east side and was content with my assignment.

So... a page has turned. Things are moving along.. I'm noting that when I put my ticker up, it started at 368 days to my retirement.. Today it is 349 .. moving right along. Big smile here.

More tomorrow.

No comments: