Sunday, February 18, 2007

HELLO


I feel like I'm on a roller coaster.. good day/bad day/good day/bad day.. let's hope today is a good one.. Since I blogged yesterday, Wendell has had a relapse of GI misery, and my computer crashed. I had a disastrous evening at work, and today is a new day. I'm going in with an attitude that is one of acceptance of things I can't change, but I can do my job the best I can and that's it.
I came home last night to a computer that just wouldn't do anything except take me to a SAFE MODE screen and the Help and Support. I tried almost everything they suggested, and finally the little box appeared that said "We are sorry we cannot correct this computer problem- insert Restore disk". I anticipated that after yesterday trying to get it to boot up.. I copied all my photos to my external disk and hoped for the best. It was successful and I didn't lose my photos.
At 3am, I completed the Restore process and lost no files of importance. I had to reinstall my printer and several other programs, but that's about it. I'm in business again. So thankful for the Restore disk.
I think I need to be looking for another hard drive or CPU in the near future. Just in case..
I don't need a printer nor a monitor..and my keyboard is brand spanking new too.. so just the CPU.
Does anyone out there have Vista? What is it like? Do you have problems with it? Is it much different? I gotta check it out.
I'm going to need a machine with plenty of memory space.. I have so many photos I've stored and the entire family history (backed up on the external disk, by the way).

Yesterday it snowed again. Roads were a little slippy (that's Pittsburghese for slippery).. but open. I didn't have any problem getting to or from work. It was the in between that caused me stress.
Today it's blustery, 21 degrees and cloudy. Spring can't come soon enough.

348 days to retirement. Amen. I'm so anxious to get started on this new part of my life. It'll be grand. Wendell and I are planning and thinking about some long and short trips we'd like to take.
Not to mention a new home.. new beginning.

Have a delightful day.. Pray for us.. for me.. Wendell, and the family. JJ is down with sinus problems again.

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

You need to look into an online service for storing your photos. Then you might just back it up by downloading onto a CD once or twice each year.

Maybe you could gain some good advice from Jeremy? I bet he's got resources and advice to share.