Saturday, February 10, 2007


I'm trying to be cheerful today. Making the conscious effort. So far, so good. It was another super busy night at work, and though I was assigned the west side, I still got a medium slam for the night. Plus, since when do we have one secretary on a Friday night? That's asking for disaster. Well, that's misleading I suppose.. there was another secretary who was to be there till 8pm and stayed till 9pm to finish up. But then, I was on my own. It'll be such a pleasure to retire- what is it now? 356 days? Amen. These are days till retirement, but not gainful employment days.. those are substantially less. Amen again. Though I was annoyed last evening with the lack of staffing, I decided to do my best, plug away till 11:30pm, pack up and go home. If there were things left undone, well... they'd have to deal with it. Then every so often I'd remember that I have less than one year left to go and I won't have to take all this nonsense any more. That's when the cheerfulness came into clear view.
I signed off my last set of orders at 11:25pm and got up and got my belongings and punched out. It was a good feeling.

Prayer seems to be in order for family and friends..
Amy has been dealing with a virus, as have Rick and Sandi, and now Mandy again. It's going around. I'm about over mine now, and am thankful for that.
Remember Uncle Bob and Aunt MaryJane with their serious health problems. Pray they will both be able to be home soon and on the mend.
Keep Nicki on the list too.. .she's still making her trips to Chicago monthly for treatments..
And don't forget Wendell.. he's having a good day today finally, but has a lot of doctor appointments set up in the next couple weeks.. and will be having a HIDA scan and endoscopy too.
Gotta finish up some things here before I get too far behind.

No comments: