Monday, February 05, 2007

GREAT WEATHER FOR POLAR BEARS

To all of you out there who were fearful that winter would pass us by this year.. 'lissen up'.. You should be dancing in the streets. Of course, you best be wearing lots of layers with hat and warm gloves.. 'cause it's REALLY cold out there! This morning it's all of -2 degrees with the prospect of 9 if we are fortunate.
I woke up this morning feeling like a popsicle.. When I turned the little space heater on in the bedroom, the temperature registered at 49 degrees.. no wonder I was shivering. I made my way to the kitchen and put on a pot of coffee..it's nice and hot and warming me from the inside out.
Days like today remind me of how much I love spring.. and how I long for it's arrival. I've had enough of winter now. There is about 6" of snow on the ground and main roads are dry, though the back roads have been hit with drifting which makes driving on them difficult by times. Our dear neighbor rescued us on Saturday by bringing his snow plow over and opening the driveway. He does this every winter when the snow gets deep without us even asking, and won't take a penny. I like to make cheesecakes for those who go the extra mile for us, though last winter I'd had a stroke and recuperation was a lot longer than I'd anticipated, so he didn't get his cheesecake then. Perhaps some delicious cream puffs will be on the 'thank you' list this year too.
Nick is what one calls a good, no, make that great neighbor.
Wendell and Paul2 went to the funeral home yesterday to offer support to their barber who just lost his wife. That meant he had to take me to work and pick me up after. It was a pleasure I don't often get. I am going to try for that again today. What a treat it was to go from the lobby front door into a nice warm car to go home.
Gainful employment awaits me yet again today. I need a day off... but I don't want to do it with sick time as I had last week. I'd rather enjoy the days off.
Have a great day today.. don't forget hats, gloves and layers if you have to venture outdoors..

No comments: