Friday, April 06, 2007

GOOD FRIDAY !

It was a good Friday for sure. We woke up again to snow on the ground, but it was warm inside and as the children woke up one by one, they were happy and smiling.
Yesterday Wendell put together a tricycle for Gayle. Now she can ride a bike too. She longed to do that while the big kids rode theirs. She informed me that "Papa made this for me".. I smiled.
Yesterday packages arrived for the children from Aunt JJ & Uncle Keith and Aunt Mandy and Uncle John. Oh, did they have a great time opening those ! Gayle carried her new purse around telling everyone about "my pusss".. she's so adorable. She dressed up today and carried that purse around with her. I don't think I got a picture of it, but I'll get one tomorrow.
Esther loved her purse too and took it out in the playroom full of candy and proceeded to hide the eggs.. heheehe! She is really into eggs and especially the chocolate ones.
Gayle had gotten into the candy houses we made, and most all of the chocolate was gone.. oh, boy...
Tonite we colored eggs.. one of my favorite things. I do love to color eggs any time of year.
We got fancy with the things from the Zombecks and some of the things left over from last year too.. Isaac has StarWars character eggs, and Essie and Isaac both tie-dyed a couple.. and then we glittered a few and painted a few with glitter paint. Well, we had so many eggs to play with- I had hard boiled 72 of them ! That' s the most I'd ever done at one time. We've done at least one craft every evening and it's been a real treat.
I'll be leaving the kites behind. That was the one thing that we didn't get to do, and I feel kind of sad about that. Next to coloring eggs, flying kites is one of my favorite things too. Maybe next time.
It's to be snowy tomorrow too- and cold. Wendell and I are planning to go to the Easter Egg Hunt with the children at the Valentine Grandparents home tomorrow. We'll be heading home tomorrow evening later and hoping the traffic will be slow and easy again. We should be home by morning- and ready for a nap at the least.
I am hoping the weather at home is springy.. I could use some spring weather now.
See you soon.. next time with my pictures I hope.

No comments: