Monday, April 16, 2007

PAIN CLINIC RESULTS

As I told you earlier, I had an appointment with the pain clinic today. The doctor was very very good and was able to pinpoint my problem and had a good suggestion for relief of my chronic back pain.
May 2nd, I have an appointment to have a facet nerve block done to confirm her diagnosis, and if it is correct, I will be scheduled for a facet rhizotomy using radiofrequency waves to interrupt the facet nerves which cause my muscles to go into spasm with any activity. The radio waves cause heat and destruction of the nerve. I will have immediate relief that will last for about 9 months till the nerve grows back. I'm actually looking forward to this. She says she uses tiny needles and Wendell tells me that if they are anything close to what he injects his insulin with daily, it's a piece of cake.

No comments: